Standing in the skin care department can be overwhelming; there are literally hundreds of products that all claim to give you the perfect complexion. Here’s the scoop on identifying your skin type so you can find the products that will work best for you!
- Feels tight first thing in the morning and after you wash
- Tends to develop flaky patches and more prone to redness
- Has pores that are small and fine
- Rarely experiences breakouts
Here’s the deal: Don’t over-wash; choose a rich, cream cleanser, a hydrating toner and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!
- Feels itchy and dry after washing
- Is prone to redness, rashes and flaking
- Is easily irritated by skin care products and cosmetics
Here’s the deal: Steer away from soap and face wash; go for a hypoallergenic cleansing lotion instead. Use an unscented moisturizer that won’t irritate your skin and try to choose products with only a few natural ingredients.
- Feels greasy to the touch
- Develops shine throughout the day
- Has large and visible pores
- Is prone to frequent breakouts
Here’s the deal: Don’t overcompensate. Over-washing and harsh cleansers can cause your skin to produce more oil. Pick a gentle, foaming face wash with acne-fighting ingredients like Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide and follow with a mild astringent. Moisturizing is still important, but go for a light, oil-free formula. New gel-cream textures are perfect for delivering needed moisture to oily skin.
- Shows shine in the T-zone but is dry everywhere else
- Has pores that vary in size
- Is prone to acne in certain areas like the forehead, nose and chin
Here’s the deal: Try alternating between a foaming cleanser in the morning and a cream cleanser at night. Spot treat your T-zone with an astringent and use a mild toner for the drier areas. Always moisturize, but don’t overdo it!